Managing Programmes for At-Risk Readers
Set your school up for success!
This online module is specifically designed to support SENCOs and teachers to identify students, design, implement, manage and monitor reading programmes to accelerate achievement in at-risk readers in school wide or classroom programmes.
This course will provide you with the professional knowledge and teaching skills to:
- Identify reader types from the research
- Implement the 7 excellences in teaching
- Understand the components of successful reading programmes
- Categorise the needs of students you are working with
- Implement effective tutor reading training for support staff, community volunteers and parents.
- Know and carry out the steps to establish an effective reading support programme.
- Understand the developmental nature of comprehension skills.
- Train support staff to deliver effective comprehension training.
- Monitor programme effectiveness through pre and post testing
Included in the package:
Access to the online course
The Brenda Lofthouse Parent Tutors in Reading Resource Book Mentoring and support to design, implement and manage the programme
The cost of the programme for individuals wishing to do the module in 2019 is $295.00 plus GST.
Questions?Send us an email to discuss your interest in this extensive training programme.
Schools will be invoiced once registration is received.