Teacher Aide Online Course
Set your school up for success!
Teacher aides will be supported and mentored to raise achievement and work alongside SENCOs and class teachers in literacy and numeracy programs.
This online course will guide you through:
- Understand learning difficulties and differences
- How to identify characteristics of students with learning difficulties not yet diagnosed
- Supporting learners with dyslexia, dyspraxia, those on the autistic spectrum, children with ADHD and those with auditory and visual processing disorders
- Understanding the 7 key learning and teaching needs of at risk learners
- Providing support, strategies and resources for at risk learners Implementing effective tutor programmes in:
- Oral language
- Understanding underpinning cognitive weaknesses and applying accommodations to support students.
This course is for all teacher aides to enhance classroom practice, identify at risk learners and raise achievement for all learner groups. Learn how to understand and support children with dyslexia, dyspraxia, children on the autistic spectrum, children with ADHD and those with visual and auditory processing disorders. The course focuses on teaching for diversity which includes the needs of Maori and Pasifika as well as supporting learners with English as their second language. Differentiated teaching supports all learner groups in classrooms.
Teacher aides have a year to complete the course at their own pace, starting at any time of the year. 2-3 hours additional work per week can be expected alongside your normal classroom role. Course content will be delivered through the online platform, worksheets and practical activities. Each participant will be focussing on the needs of students in their class and implementing programmes, strategies and resources to meet those identified needs.
Included in the package:
Access to the online course for 12 months from registration
Mentoring and email support with the team
Attendance at a face to face course run closest to your region
Participating in the full programme in 2017 (online and 3 x 1 day courses) $775.00 + GST.
For those who have already successfully attended and paid for the 3 x 1 day courses $150.00 + GST.
Participating in the online course but not attending the 3 x 1 day courses (not recommended for academic rigour) $350.00 + GST.
Group discounts and course packages are available on application
Questions?Send us an email to discuss your interest in this extensive training programme.
Schools will be invoiced once registration is received.
All training days include morning tea and lunch. Certificates of completion for curriculum vitaes will be issued to all attendees for course completion and programme implementation.