Specialist Teacher Two Day Workshop
Rotorua Thursday 11 October and Friday 12 October
(Week 2 of holidays)
A unique opportunity for SENCO, RTLIT, Teachers and specialist teachers who wish to advance their skills on these topics.
Day 1: 9 am – 5pm
Thursday 11 October 2018
- Understanding at risk learners, (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, students on the autistic spectrum, those with ADHD and auditory and visual processing difficulties)
- Underpinning cognitive weaknesses. Excellence in teaching for at risk learner groups.
- ADHD characteristics, understanding, school and classroom support
- Multimodal approach. Social, emotional and behavioural aspects of learning difficulties. Addressing anxiety.
- Screening assessments, analysis and planning next steps.
Day 2: 9 am – 3pm
Friday 12 October 2018
- Interpreting SPELD and specialist assessments
- Differentiated teaching, accommodations and strategies
- Case studies – Individual and group learning plans
- Planning differentiated classroom programmes
- Option (a) 1-1 specialist teaching tutoring
- Option (b) – Training in implementing and managing class or school wide programmes
A course certificate for this two-day specialist teaching course will be provided.
Cost $300.00 plus GST for the 2 days.
Morning tea provided each day. Bring your own lunch.
Course accommodation for those who need it can be arranged at Millennium Rotorua. (Cost additional)